Monday, August 25, 2008

TV all the time

Thank goodness the Olympics are over, I thought Sunday night. I needed to get my evenings back.

This weekend I was glued to the TV. I ate in front of the TV, shouted at the TV, fell asleep with the TV. I was obsessed!

During the week I was no better. I'd been coming home from work, plopping down on the couch and watching TV until it was time for bed. Oh, and I snacked on chips, popcorn and cookies. I was not so obsessed with my health.

Tonight, I arrived home from work with my whole evening clear. Oh the possibilities. I could take a walk, workout, read magazines, cook, the possibilities were endless.

What did I do? Plopped down on the couch an watched TV, of course. What sort of quality entertainment sucked me in? Well, there was a Lifetime movie "The Bad Son" about a, you guessed it, bad son who kills his girlfriends. His mom, a civilian cop, helps him cover his tracks. And now "Platinum Weddings" is on WE. I love that show. Where do these people get their money? Who spends $150,000 on flowers? Where do these flowers grow? Mars? I can't help but become absorbed in each episode.

Oh, got to go, the groom is about ride an elephant into the wedding ceremony to greet his bride. She'll be wearing three dresses, of course.

1 comment:

Erin D. said...

That is a riot. I'm always glad to hear when other people are watching the same stupid shows I watch.