Monday, August 4, 2008

Not enough boys

My family planning (or lack thereof) has brought frustration to many of my relatives. Being almost 32 and married for eight years, I can understand why the older family members would be getting antsy, but I had no idea what an adverse effect my childless state was having on the younger generation.

This weekend, my nephew (at the wise age of 6) told me I should be pregnant by now. He informed me that there are too many girls in the family. After all, he only has two boy cousins and about a million girl cousins. Apparently, this is something I can -- and should -- fix immediately. He would like the baby to be born his age (not baby age, because they don't do anything). The boy should also like sports and Spider Man and hate girls.

Seems reasonable, huh.