Saturday, January 16, 2010

Save my shoes

After an awful day at work this week, I came home to find a package on the front porch. Inside were two beautiful shoe boxes. Inside those boxes were two perfect pairs of heels. The stress of my day melted away as I gazed at those pretty shoes.

I happily tried on my new shoes and... discovered they didn't fit. This is not an uncommon problem considering my silly foot is super-skinny, and not in a good way. A size AAA is extremely hard to find in stores and usually needs to be ordered online through Zappos. Both pairs of my brand-spankin'-new shoes were too wide. Arg. The stress of my day immediately returned, and I became a self-pitying monster. My alarmed husband sent me outside for a run and reminded me that Zappos has a great (meaning free) return policy.

When I finished running, my husband showed me a product he found online. These back-of-the-heel cushions from Foot Petals promised to prevent feet from slipping in and out of shoes.

The next day, we went to Target and bought these heel cushions. I placed them in my new shoes and... they worked!

If you have a shoe or foot issue, try these cushions. They won't change your life but they just may save your shoes.

3 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

Great tip! I have this same problem. Not because my feet are narrow (they're actually wide), but because both my sister's feet are bigger than mine, and I can't resist an offered pair of hand-me-downs, even if they're 2 sizes too big... and I actually wear them! It's a painful mistake every time, but I like the shoes aesthetically, so I do it anyway.

I'll have to check out this product. I'm assuming it's in the shoe section at Target...

Erin D. said...

Hmm. Interesting. I always seem to buy shoes in the wrong size. I would like to see these cute heels by the way! Photos please.

Anne MM said...

Will these shoe petal insert things-- make a certain mangey puppy stop chewing on my choes? if yes- pleas buy stock in this company.