Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dear outdoors,

I miss you.

I miss running along your streets.

I miss walking my dogs at your beautiful parks.

I miss hearing children laugh as they play in their front yards.

I miss waving to my neighbors as they go for their daily constitutionals.

I miss listening to birds chirp.

I miss sitting on my deck while drinking a glass of wine.

I miss watching my neighbor's cat chase squirrels.

I miss feeling your warm sun shining upon my head.

I miss going outside without wearing a coat.

Your faithful but cold friend,

Dawn

3 comments:

Anne MM said...

Do you mean Dear spring/summer?
And we were just on the deck drinking a glass of wine, at the cabin. Remember I had two coats on and you had two pairs of socks and warm fuzzy boots.... oh wait that doesn't count does it?

Erin D. said...

Seriously. I wish winter was just one month long. That would be perfect.

Dawn said...

Erin, I can't even imagine dealing with the cold and a new baby. A month-long winter sounds perfect.

Anne,
Yeah, and we made it about five minutes before we ran back inside and sat in front of the fireplace. We are cold-weather weenies.