Monday, August 31, 2009

Luck of the dog

We had a guest on our evening walk. A little black Schnauzer named Lucky followed Jeff, Sassy, Alley and I home.

Luckily, Lucky was wearing a tag with his owner's phone number and a line that read "please help me." So we did. We brought Lucky into our house. I called Lucky's owner, but there was no answer. This was about 10:45 p.m., so I was afraid Lucky's owner was asleep.

Lucky's address wasn't on his tag but, luckily, I'm resourceful. I typed Lucky's phone number into Internet land and an address in our neighborhood popped up.

Jeff and I walked Lucky back to his house hoping the home owner would call back while we were walking. It didn't happen.

When we arrived at Lucky's house, we rang the doorbell. There was no answer. It was about 11:15 p.m., so I decided to call again in case the home owner was now awake, but scared to answer the door so late at night.

Luckily, a woman answered the phone and once I explained who I was and why I was standing on her porch, she opened the door. The woman thanked us and carried Lucky inside.

Lucky seems to be a fitting name for the adventurous pooch.

2 comments:

Anne MM said...

I think we should nick name Kapono Even Luckier! Thanks to you for helping Luckie... I think it was karma so many people helped Luke and I find Kapono today!

Dawn said...

Jeff and I were thinking that too. Karma. What a funny thing.