Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gimme candy, I wanna play



To celebrate Candy Land's 60th birthday, San Francisco turned twisty, curvy Lombard Street into a life-size Candy Land game board.

I have so many fond childhood memories of Candy Land. I'm sure it was the first game I ever won. And I know my competitive spirit first emerged during a particularly fierce game. Young Dawn realized she was losing the game and, to avoid defeat, she flipped the board. The game pieces went flying and her crying sister went running to mom.

I don't remember getting in trouble. Maybe I convinced mom it was "an accident."

I think my sister would be happy to play the Lombard Street version with me, though. After all, I can't flip over an entire street. What do you think, Anne, a Candy Land rematch in San Franciso?

1 comment:

Anne MM said...

I will gladly take the challenge to play life size Candy Land in San Fran. Especially if the candy is proportional to the game squares!