Thursday, July 16, 2009

Squabbling about Emmy nominations

Emmy Award nominations were announced today. I'm happy that Tina Fey's sitcom, "30 Rock," got 22 nominations. Her show is hilarious. I think I can safely call it "her" show since she stars in it and writes most of it herself.

I can't believe I've never seen "Mad Men," which had 16 bids. I keep meaning to watch it, but then I get sucked into another bad rerun of "Jon & Kate Plus 8." By the way, the Gosselin's show was ignored in the reality category. That's probably a good thing since the show seems more unrealistic than most scripted comedies.

I'm sad that "Boston Legal" was left out. Why does no one but me seem to appreciate that show? I'm not surprise that "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" missed out on best drama nods, those shows peaked year's ago and I haven't seen them since. Some TV critics are also alarmed that "ER" didn't get a best drama bid. I can't say I care. I loved that show once, but last year (its final) I just wondered "why is this still on TV?" I guess a lot of folks were wondering the same thing.

I'm most excited that HBO's "Big Love" was nominated for best drama and Jeff is likely most excited that HBO's "Entourage" was nominated for best comedy. The shows' plots have nothing in common, but both shows are well written and have compelling characters.

For more information on the Emmy noms click here

1 comment:

Erin D. said...

I'm also glad about 30 Rock. Love that show. We also LOVE Big Love and Entourage. Our only complaint about Entourage is that it should be an hour long. 30 minutes just isn't enough. I have to disagree on Desperate Housewives. I still love the ladies of Wisteria Lane!