Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to the world, Samuel!

My bestest friend Karly had a baby Thursday. Samuel Paul Corona arrived on his due date, can you believe that? He was 21 inches long and weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces.

Congratulations Karly and Jose! Welcome to your life Samuel! I know it will be a great one.

I'm sad that I can't visit this new family in the hospital. Sad that I can't see little Sammy when he's just one-day old. Sad that I can't see how Karly's feeling.

It's hard to be away from your friends when such important things happen, but it's just part of life. People move. If they didn't, Karly and I wouldn't have meet. We were both living in Palm Springs when we became friends.

Anyway, Samuel, know that you are starting this beautiful adventure we call life with many people to cheer you on. Some who live in this far, far away land called the South.

Congratulations, Corona family!

1 comment:

Karly said...

Sam says, "Thank you, Auntie Dawn. I can't wait to meet you, and Mommy says she wishes y'all lived closer. But she's really excited for your visit."