Friday, May 8, 2009

But that was my baby name

The top baby names for 2008 were released today. Guess what? Emma is now the most popular name for girls. Who cares? Me. I care because that's my baby name. You know the name I've been planning to give to my future daughter. Arg. I had that name picked out BEFORE Jennifer Aniston's character on "Friends" named her baby Emma. And that was in 2002. And it was only because in 2000 my first favorite baby name, Emily, became the top baby name in the country. Maybe I need to be a little more creative in choosing a name, huh?

Oh well, with any luck by the time I get around to having a baby the names Miley and Hannah (as in Cyrus and Montana) will climb into the top positions.

Click here to read other top baby names.

2 comments:

Erin D. said...

Emma did seem very popular for a while, but if you wait awhile maybe it will seem new again. To me it doesn't seem like Emily is popular though. So you could go back to that one!

Karly said...

Let's hope you're wrong about Miley being No. 1. Ugh.