Monday, February 8, 2010

It takes a calf to cheer up a Colts' fan

Is it silly to be depressed that your team lost the Super Bowl? Yes. But I still am. I can't believe the Colts lost yesterday. It's just too sad.

I'm not sure when I became the type of football fan who has a bad day when her team loses, but it's happened.

It didn't help that I had to take all kinds of crap from my co-workers and so-called friends today. Arg. "Just wait until next year," I'd say, but my heart wasn't in it.

The only thing that's made me feel better today is to watch my favorite Super Bowl commercial. It's the sappy Budweiser ad that starts with the calf and colt (ironic, huh?) running along a fence together. Here it is:

3 comments:

Karly said...

I owe you an apology. I know you didn't know (until I wrote it here) that I was cursing you for a lack of blog entries, but I was. Cursing you. A lot. Well, it turns out that you HAVE been blogging, but my feed wasn't working. Oops. Do I feel silly. Happy blogging!

Karly said...

I should also say that I owe you an apology for rooting against your beloved Colts, but I won't apologize for that. I'm glad the Saints won. HA HA HA!

Dawn said...

Oh Karly Sue, I can forgive you for the blog incident, but you cheered you against the Colts? In the Super Bowl? I might have to block you. The Saints do have a few Indiana connections, so I might forgive you. We'll see...