Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Push ups are for girls

I just watched Jennifer Love Hewitt do 10 girl push ups on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. She couldn't do real push ups? Really? She's a celebrity. It's practically her job to work out. Pathetic.

Naturally, I did not keep my feelings to myself. I shouted at the screen. This is not uncommon. TV is one of my best friends. I like to keep a pretty steady dialogue going with my HD friends. Unfortunately, Jeff was eavesdropping on my conversation with Jennifer. Note: Jeff has had a crush on Jennifer since those "Party of Five" days. It's a pretty bad crush. I once caught him watching an episode of "Ghost Whisperer."

Anyway, Jeff challenged me to beat Jennifer. Ha! Fantasy Girlfriend was about to be crushed by Real Life Wife. I wasn't worried. This was not my first push-up contest. I gulped down the last few sips of my wine, took off my socks (slippery hard-wood floors) and told Jeff to count me down.

He got to seven before my shoulders started hurting. I slowed down at four. On the last two I was honestly afraid my arms were going to give out. But, I did it. Ten real push ups.

Real Life Wife wins.

1 comment:

Erin D. said...

Wow. I don't know what's funnier, you drinking wine yelling about someone on tv doing "girlie" pushups, your husband watching ghost whisperer ... a "challenge" between you and celebrity. It's quite amusing over at your place Dawn.