Monday, October 27, 2008

Merry Halloween

The drugstore by my house is ready for Christmas. Stockings, toys and all things santa line at least half the aisles. Thankfully, two aisles are devoted to candy. You know, for that other holiday.

It seems like Christmas gets started earlier every year. Some folks wish stores would wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate. How about waiting 'til the day after Halloween?

I can't say that I mind much. I love the Christmas season. Filled with holiday parties, shopping and gift exchanges, it's the season for fun. Oh, and the season for giving, of course.

Looking at Christmas decorations makes me happy, even if it's before Halloween. It makes me think about spending time with my family, watching feel-good movies while stringing popcorn and racing to the mailbox to look for Christmas cards.

With store shelves stocked with so many holiday items, at least I have more choices. Maybe I'll pass out Chocolate santas for Halloween.

No comments: