Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Worst packers ever

Jeff and I are notoriously bad at packing for trips. I grab the largest suitcase possible and stuff it 'til it's almost too heavy for me to pull. Jeff forgets things.

Yesterday, in Ontario, Calif. my bag exceeded the weight limit. (This is not the first time this has happened to me.) Luckily, there was not a long line because I had to open the suitcase and transfer things from my large suitcase to my carry-on bag. Embarrassing!

On Friday, we were in Palm Springs when Jeff realized that he forgot to pack swim trunks. (This is not the first time this has happened to him.) He had to buy bright orange and blue trunks at a nearby gift shop. Jeff has a particular problem remembering his trunks. Here are a few other times destination shopping trips:

1. Vacation to Disney World. We took the hotel shuttle to downtown Disney and bought the first pair of trunks we saw. When we got back to the hotel, we discovered we selected a boys size. We had to take the shuttle back to downtown Disney and got another pair.

2. Day trip to beach St. Joseph Michigan. The only pair we could find was white with a pineapple print. Relentless teasing (mostly from me) ensued every time he wore them after the trip.

3. Vacation to San Diego. The resort gift shop actually had a great selection and Jeff wore these trunks that whole summer.

Maybe Jeff secretly just likes to go shopping.

1 comment:

Erin D. said...

What is it with men? Steve forgets his swimming trunks a lot too. We went to Great Wolf Lodge in February and had to stop at an Old Navy on the way there.