Thursday, December 18, 2008

One week until Christmas

How can Christmas be only seven days away? I'm not done shopping. I haven't baked any cookies. One row of lights is out on my tree.

Oh, and Jeff and I are hosting the newsroom Christmas party at our house on Saturday. Yikes!

When am I going to wrap presents, clean the house and finish hanging the lights?

Remember being a kid? When Christmas meant a hard-earned break from school, playing in the snow and eating cookies while sipping hot chocolate? I don't remember any stress. I can't remember rushing around convinced I'd never get everything done.

Maybe that's because the only thing on my to-do list was to have fun.

I need that to-do list now. Instead of stressing out about when I'm going to finish all my self-inflicted tasks, maybe I should just lay on the couch and watch "Love Actually." Perhaps I'll even have a cup of hot chocolate. That should get me in the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

Erin D. said...

Seriously. I understand, as an adult, why my mom was always in a bad mood right before the holidays. She was completely stressed out. And of course juggling the cooking and cleaning around a journalist's schedule doesn't help!